Monday, September 19, 2005

Welcome to my blog. I created this blog to help outline the process I followed in finding, purchasing, and building up a 2005 Santa Cruz Blur "classic" mountain bicycle.

Why the Blur?
I first discovered the Blur around January 2005, while really starting to drool over some full suspension mountain bikes. My cheap-o hardtail just wasn't cutting it, especially after I really started to get serious about mtbing. Everywhere I looked, the Santa Cruz Blur was in my face; heck, it was even the top reviewed bike of 2004 on MTBR.com. This impressed me, and got me interested, but I dismissed it due to it's high price tag (a complete Blur goes from around $2899-$5000!). Other choices I looked at were the Kona Dawg, Giant NRS, or the Specialized FSR XC. I couldn't get the Blur out of my mind, and 6 months later, I'm on the way to building one up from scratch.

What do you mean by Blur "classic"?
When I mention the Blur "classic", I'm refering to the regular 2005 Blur model. During the spring/summer of 2005, Santa Cruz Bicycles stopped making the Blur in favor of a BLT (long travel Blur) or Blur XC (lighter race oriented bike). I wanted the Blur "classic", as it came to be referred to, because I'm interested in racing the bike one day and hitting the trails the next. I consider myself to be an "agressive xc" rider, and the VPP is just what I need.

Why am I blogging this?
I'm blogging my process because I simply want to help others out. I spent way too much time online researching my purchase/build, and ultimately want to pass on all the information that I found.

What is this author's ideal Blur build?
*coming soon*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home